Maifest – May Festival
Celebrate Spring in Bavaria!
Enjoy entertainment all weekend. Experience the Grand Parade, live entertainment, traditional German dancing including the Maipole Dance. Stroll through the Bavarian Village of Flowers, visit Art in the Park, all our great shops and restaurants and tap your toes to oompa music!
Maifest – Entertainment Schedule
Maifest Events and Entertainment include:
Celebrate Fruhling (Spring) in our traditional Bavarian fashion. Experience the Grand March, including village folk and visitor alike dressed in Trachten and traditional fare. Enjoy flowers, weekend entertainment, and dancing.
- Alpen Folk – Alpen Folk presents the music and folklore of the alps! With authentic instruments, singing and yodeling, here is alpine music the way it was meant to be played – the way it is played today in the rustic inns and the mountain chalets of Bavaria, the Tyrol, Styria, and throughout the alps!
- Noon Bavarian Parade – Townspeople and visitors in Bavarian garb, horses and carriages, Leavenworth’s Bierwagen, Bernese Mountain Dogs, and more. Join in the Grand March and Procession! Join Maifest dignitaries and guests celebrating Maifest in Leavenworth.
Immediately following Parade:
- HERZLICH WILLKOMMEN – Opening Ceremonies A Heartfelt Welcome
- Mayorial Welcome and warm welcome from our Royal Lady of the Autumn Leaves and Distinguished Young Woman representative.
- New Gazebo Design Dedication, and more Alpen Folk
- MAIPOLE DANCE AND OTHER TRADITIONAL DANCES – Enzian Schuhplattler – Since 1965, Seattle’s premier dance group will entertain Leavenworth audiences with their numerous traditional German dances. Prepare yourself for a world class performance.
- LOOKING GOOD IN BAVARIAN CONTEST -Join locals and visitors alike for this fun, visual feast of traditional Bavarian attire. Wear your Lederhosen, Dirndl, socks or hat and join in the competition for the events most colorful, largest, smallest, or even youngest categories. After the competition, join in our Parade to show off your stuff! Everyone’s a winner in this classic favorite
- Traditional German Dance Lesson and Performance -The Tirolean Dancers will excite and entertain you will Traditional German Dances.
- Musikkapelle Leavenworth -The Bavarian Village’s town band, directed by Chris Shimer, performs at all major Leavenworth festivals and events. They play concert numbers as well as marches, waltzes and polkas typical of Bavaria.
- Mother’s Day Celebration -We feel it’s important to acknowledge Mom over and over again! Join us with a ceremonial gift from our Most Distinguished Young Women in Leavenworth and our Royal Lady.
More Maifest Events to Join
Lion’s Club Annual Maifest Breakfast
$6 Adults, $3 children, free 3 & under. Enjoy breakfast in the park with family and friends at Lions Club Park. Breakfast is all you can eat and includes sausage, eggs, pancakes, coffee and milk.
Saturday 9am—2 pm
Cascade Garden Club Plant Sale
Post Office Food Drive
A one day fundraiser with plant sales from our local gardens and flower beds. Located at the Methodist Church on Evans Street
Art in the Park
This show is considered the longest continually-run outdoor art show in the Northwest area. This event is organized by Village Art in the Park, a non-profit arts association in Leavenworth. www.villageartinthepark.com
Join Ray Laramie and enjoy the unique melodies of an Alan Pell Street Organ.
A beautiful nature-filled walking area along the Wenatchee River, scenic and breathtaking. See map and pictures of Blackbird Island
Climbing Wall & Bouncy House
Front Street park will have climbing walls and inflatable bounce houses for kids to enjoy.