Leavenworth Oktoberfest Celebration
FIRST THREE WEEKENDS OF OCTOBER
Oktoberfest Festival Schedule
For the best rates available, festivals, and summer weekends call 1 (800) 961-0162 or book online.
While the event planning is underway for this year’s Oktoberfest celebration please use this past event schudule for an idea of what happens in Leavenworth during Oktoberfest!
Oktoberfest in Leavenworth is the next best thing to being in Munich! This year we have four venues with live entertainment and free shuttles all the way to Wenatchee! There are cool social media contests, mouthwatering food and free Wi-Fi Internet from Genext. Come early and check out Leavenworth and the surrounding communities; you can send an email to your boss–he’ll think you’re still working.
Whatever you do, don’t miss our Keg Tapping Ceremony at 1:00 pm every Saturday when Leavenworth’s Mayor will honor a Bavarian Tradition of “tapping the keg”. Then plan on hanging around and checking out music from our own Musikkapelle Leavenworth who will be joined by other musical groups from the US and Germany.
- Oktoberfest hours are Fridays 6pm -2am and Saturdays Noon-2am
- Non-stop live entertainment including bands direct from Germany
- Authentic German Food and Beer
- Saturdays Noon- Bavarian Parade followed by the Keg tapping ceremony at 1pm.
- Leavenworth Oktoberfest is great fun for the youngsters as well. In downtown is Kinderplatz, this is an area dedicated for the kids to play until their hearts are content. You’ll find a rock climbing wall, bouncing toys, clowns and more.
- Minors are allowed inside the gates until 9pm.
- Arts and Crafts Vendors
- The Leavenworth Oktoberfest is a non-profit organization operating under Projekt Bayern for more information on Project Bayern log on to www.projektbayern.com
Leavenworth Oktoberfest Opening Ceremony Celebration
1:00 PM Every Saturday of the Oktoberfest weekends
The Muenchner Kindl leads the Bavarian procession with the village people carrying our countries' flags.
Leavenworth’s own Musikkapelle rides in a blue and white colorful band wagon playing those old familiar and traditional Bavarian marches and polkas. Other villagers and visiting guests will be in colorful traditional Bavarian dirndls and lederhosen.
Following the band is the Edelweiss Tanz Gruppe and the Bavarian style Bier Wagon, beautifully decorated with red and white carnations. There will also be other horse drawn wagons and a carriage carrying Leavenworth’s mayor and city officials. The procession starts at Ski Hill Drive on Hwy 2 and goes down Front Street to the Festhalle where the fun begins!
If you’re on Twitter or Foursquare this is where our Social Media Contests will start so make sure you're along the Parade Route and have your app-enabled phone ready.
There is much to see and do at the Leavenworth Oktoberfest! We’ll be updating this area with the current list of bands from throughout the U.S. and Germany and please also check out the Venues, Food & Drink, Kinderplatz and more….
Want to find out when this page is updated and other cool information? Join our members list (left hand column) or find us on Facebook.
Oktoberfest Food & Beverages
- Bratwurst on a Bun! Choose it by itself or in a meal including Coleslaw and Beans.
- You’ll also enjoy mouth watering BBQ Ribs and Chicken or Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Also available during dinner with coleslaw and beans.
- Save room for dessert! Try a piece of German style cake with whip-cream.
- Of course we have Beer; and for our wine drinkers we have a selection of Chardonnay, White Zinfandel and Merlot. Water and Pepsi® products are also in supply.
Oktoberfest Family Activities
Oktoberfest in Leavenworth is a festival the whole family will enjoy!
- Bring the kids and enjoy Kinderplatz with climbing wall and bouncy toys, clowns and magicians; its great fun for kids young and old.
- Enjoy vendor booths with crafts, souvenirs, and German items including great local food favorites and traditional German sausages. There is continuous entertainment with leading German bands, Leavenworth’s own Musikkappelle and other musical groups. Dance performance by the Edelweiss Tanz Gruppe.
- Don’t miss the Bavarian Parade on Saturdays at 12:00 for fun the whole family will enjoy. Be sure to take home a souvenir mug and take advantage of our free shuttle.
Oktoberfest Complimentary Shuttle
Leavenworth Oktoberfest asks you to please drink responsibly. For your safety and convenience we offer a free shuttle service for the Leavenworth area with optional routes to Lake Wenatchee, Plain, Cashmere and Wenatchee (by reservation and at an additional charge).
Estimated shuttle cost for outlaying areas (additional charges may apply):
- 3-6 miles- $5 per person, each way (must be for a group of 3 or more)
- 7-11 miles-$7 per person, each way (must be for a group of 3 or more)
- 12-20 miles-$10 per person, each way (must be for a group of 3 or more)
- 21+ miles- call for a quote
West Shuttle: The West Shuttle includes Icicle RV, Sleeping Lady, All Icicle Road/Shore/Wilson Road, Alpine Rose, the Icicle Inn, Icicle Village Resort, HOJO, DerRitterhoff, Quality Inn (now Fairbridge Suites), the World Mark office and all of Commercial Street to the Festhalle. To print a copy of the complete West Schedule click here:
Shuttle Schedule- WEST (1203 KB)
East Shuttle: Includes KOA and Riverbend Drive,Safeway, Alpine RV accross highway from Safeway, and Alpine Rivers Inn. To print a copy of the complete East Shuttle click here:
Shuttle Schedule- EAST (1048 KB)
Central Shuttle: Includes Der Ritterhoff, Fairbridge Inn, Howard Johnson, World Mark, Ski Hill/Titus and the High School- To print a copy of the complete Central Schedule click here:
Shuttle Schedule- CENTRAL (5947 KB)
Wenatchee Hotel Shuttle Service– This service is a $10 per person each way service. Please click here for more information:
Shuttle Schedule- Wenatchee Hotels (376 KB)
Outside area pickups are generally $2-$10 per person, each way, depending on mileage. Outside areas include Wenatchee, East Wenatchee, Plain, Lake Wenatchee, Cashmere and Peshastin. Please call to schedule the shuttle at 509-548-8687(tours) or call 509-548-RIDE (7433) to reserve your ride. www.leavenworthshuttle.com
The “Free” shuttle is for Leavenworth ONLY! All other shuttle services are for a fee and must be reserved in advance with Leavenworth Shuttles.
What's New at the Leavenworth Oktoberfest?
- Recently we added a fourth venue and tons more entertainment. Every year the Leavenworth Oktoberfest continues to grow this year you can expect more of the same authentic German festivities coupled with cool new social and interactive contests and services.
- Shuttle Service has extended its route into the Wenatchee Valley and increased many of the stops and frequency. Free stops in Leavenworth and special discounts for round-trips to Wenatchee, Cashmere, Lake Wenatchee and Plain.
- Last year Genext sponsored WiFi Internet Access (free to all attendees) with random drawings and free give-aways for Facebook Fans and Twitter Followers who Post, Share and Tweet at the Event.
- myAlarm Interactive Security will be sponsoring web-cameras and Facebook; Photo feeds of images from the event.
A Little History of Oktoberfest in Leavenworth
The first Leavenworth Oktoberfest was held in October 1998; it consisted of one venue and was attended by about 400 people. The festival continued to grow each year and in 2003, a second weekend was added and two bands were brought in from Germany in addition to many performers from the US. By 2005 attendance had grown to 10,000 and the Leavenworth festival was ranked as one of the top Oktoberfest celebrations in the Country. What started 12 years ago as a single weekend has now grown to 3 full weekends with 4 Venues and attendance of around 30,000 people.
For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, please honor the following requests during your visit…
- Please do not bring your own food or beverages into the Oktoberfest location.
- Please do not take any beverages from the area.
- Please leave your ice chests, backpacks, or very large bags in your car and be prepared to allow security to search large bags.
- Dancing on the tables or benches will be strictly prohibited. This is for your safety and for the others who are trying to enjoy the festivities.
- Security personnel will be patrolling the grounds at all times.
Information about the Leavenworth Oktoberfest Celebration is courtesy Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce and Projekt Bayern