Activities for Kids Around Leavenworth Washington
Hey Kids, want to know what you can do in and around Leavenworth? Just take a look at some of fun stuff to do on your own or with your family! If you click on the pictures it will go to a new window. Also check out the Leavenworth Skate Park!
First, you should plan to spend a day at the Icicle Junction in the Icicle Village Resort. Its open to everyone and it’s a great place to play for the day!
- Awesome 18-hole Bavarian miniature golf course complete with waterfalls, waterwheel, and miniature Bavarian buildings
- Shoot a round of pool
- Test your skill in the video arcade
- Earn tickets on the games and trade them in for fun prizes
- Get some tasty food at the Sports & Snack Bar
If your are staying at Icicle Village Resort
If you like to swim and are a guest of the Icicle Village Resort, you should check out our swimming pool at the hotel. It’s open to the sun in the summer, and covered with a big bubble in the winter to keep you warm! If you are staying in one of the condominiums then in the summer you have your own pool closer to your room.
L-Bow the Clown Visits Leavenworth in Summer
Come see L-Bow the Clown who performs right down in Leavenworth. He’s great don’t you think!
A Pioneer Village
See real log houses and buildings from over 100 years ago, and get an idea of how your great grandparents lived in a Pioneer Village! There’s a museum too with Native American tools and pioneer stuff.
Rocky Reach Dam
This is pretty cool.
They open in March and there’s a fish ladder that salmon jump up when they spawn from May through September. “Look a salmon in the eye” in the fish viewing room, located downstairs in the Visitor Center at Rocky Reach Dam. Salmon and steelhead are seasonal visitors. The best months of the year to see Chinook salmon are May and August. Sockeye salmon are most visible during July, and it’s September for steelhead. There is a great playground for kids as well as an amazing visitor center, and if your family plans a picnic lunch you can watch the rabbits hopping around while you eat! Learn the history of how electricity makes our lives easier.
Pybus Public Market
Come join the regions largest outdoor farmer’s market ever Saturday, opening at 8:00am and running until 1:00pm.
Experience locally grown fruits, vegetables, and flowers.
Open daily from 8:00am- 9:00pm Sunday through Thursday and until 11:00pm on Friday and Saturday.
Aplets and Cotlets Candy Factory Tour
- Check out how they make world famous candies and get free samples at a Candy Factory! Liberty Orchards Factory Tour
- A great place to see a mountain meadow right above Wenatchee.
Visit the Nutcracker Museum while you’re in town!
- Check out their website to learn more about how hard nuts get cracked.
- Visit the Nutcracker Museum while in Leavenworth to see a huge collection of Nutcrackers – you are going to be amazed!
The Hat Shop and Wood Shop
Experience the thrill and see how many crazy fun hats and original classic toys you can choose from.
Check out their website to learn more about The Hat Shop and Wood Shop.
Visit the Gingerbread Factory while you’re in town!
Check out their website to learn more about how our freshly baked and entirely edible gingerbread houses are made.
Visit the Gingerbread Factory while in Leavenworth to smell the mouth-watering freshly baked cookies – you are going to be amazed!
Get in touch with the animals at the Petting Farm or try your luck at the Prop Maze while your folks check out the gifts, antiques, specialty foods, fresh fruit & produce in the store. The Petting Farm is home to dozens of animals that your family is sure to adore. The Prop Maze is constructed out of orchard props that were used in orchards to hold up tree branches growing heavy with fruit. Your family can compete to see who makes it out of the maze first—people are often surprised to see who wins!
Check out their website to learn more about Smallwoods Harvest.
- Fun family inner tubing in Leavenworth’s summer Sun!
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
- Watch candy makers hand-fashion Rocky Mountain Chocolates using fresh, wholesome ingredients.
- Leavenworth, WA 98826
Trout Unlimited fishing pond
- Available for children 15 and under to fish in summer. The pond is located in Enchantment Park before you come to Blackbird Island as you walk from the Icicle Village Resort. The pond is 20 feet deep, fed by fresh water springs, and is stocked with trout by Trout Unlimited. Learn more on our fishing page.
Family fun area to hike or go on a leisurely stroll. Good tread and gentle terrain makes it ideal for children.
Round trip is 4.0 miles
You will experience rivers, waterfalls, fall foliage, wildflowers/ meadows, and wildlife.
Peshastin Pinnacles State Park
Peshastin Pinnacles State Park is a 34-acre desert park featuring a group of sandstone slabs and spires called “the pinnacles” Climbable spires reach 200 feet into the air. Rocks and trails provide views of surrounding orchards, the Enchantment Mountain Range, and the Wenatchee River valley.
Summer Hours: 6:30 am to dusk
Winter: Closed Nov. 15 reopens March 15
- A unique gift shop specializing in bears, cats, dogs & wildlife. Something for everyone of all ages.
Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery
- Exhibits that identify the fish and describe their interesting environmental needs can be viewed during office hours from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm daily.
Enzian Falls Championship Putting Course
- Professionally designed 18-hole championship putting course.Phone:
- 590 Highway 2, Leavenworth, WA 98826
Osprey Ski Shop
- If you’re just learning to snowboard or ski, check out Leavenworth Ski Hill, only about 5 miles from town. you can rent gear from Osprey Rafting Company and The Ski Shop at Osprey across the street from the Icicle Junction.
- 509.548.6800 or 800.743.6269
Ski Hill Inner-tubing!
- With Leavenworth Winter Sports Club 509.548.6975 Saturday and Sunday sessions: 10 am – 1pm, 2 pm – 5 pm.
- A great price per person per session, includes tube. Under 8 years require adult supervision. Tickets available at the ticket booth at the Ski Hill.
See our Winter Sleigh Ride Packages
Mountain Springs Lodge Sleigh Rides
19115 Chiwawa Loop Road
Leavenworth, WA 98826
Experience the joy of winter with Sleigh bells ringing, glistening snow, frosty air, open meadows, snow covered trees, and the babbling waters of Beaver Creek. Enjoy a hot spiced cider by the open fire, and as an added attraction end your horse drawn sleigh ride with a sizzling steak dinner at Beaver Creek Lodge in front of the huge river rock fireplace. – Book your package with the Icicle Inn by calling 800.558.2438.
From the Icicle Inn Drive 1.9 miles on Icicle Road and turn left on East Leavenworth Road. Continue 1/4 mile and you’ll see our sign. Turn right into our large parking lot.
Let our Holiday Sleighs take you back to yesteryear and become a part of your family tradition. You and your whole family will enjoy gliding across open meadows and along the Icicle River in our horse-drawn sleighs with the majestic Stewart Mountain Range in the background. Warm up with hot chocolate, spiced cider and coffee in front of the wood stove. Warm blankets are provided for 1.5 mile ride which takes about 30 minutes.- Book your package with the Icicle Inn by calling 800.558.2438.
Eagle Creek Ranch
Mountain snows transform the ranch for a season of horse-drawn sleigh rides. The sound of sleigh bells mixes with laughter and song as we glide through the forests and meadows on large group sleighs drawn by those gentle giants, the Draft Horses. Or, share a romantic private ride in an antique cutter sleigh with that special someone. After your ride return to our lodge, warm yourself by the wood stove, and sip hot spiced cider!- Book your package with the Icicle Inn by calling 800.558.2438.
Red-Tail Canyon Farm
Over the meadow and through the woods…hear the sleigh bells jingle as our Belgian Draft horses take you on an old-fashioned sleigh ride. Snuggle under blankets… warm yourself by a cozy fire… sip a cup of steaming hot chocolate… all the things memories are made of! – Book your package with the Icicle Inn by calling 800.558.2438.
- Check out this website for coloring books and Apple Trivia for kids!
Der Sportsmann 509.548.5623
- An outdoor specialty shop which can fill your needs for hiking, biking, fishing, climbing, skiing, and clothing. We also have a bicycle & ski rental/repair shop which is open 7 days a week.