Washington State Wine Tours and Tasting Around Leavenworth
Including Wenatchee and Chelan in Central Washington State
Leavenworth Wine Festival August
Icicle Ridge Winery Events
For the best rates available, festivals, and summer weekends call 1 (800) 961-0162 or book online.
A new wine region has appeared amongst the rivers, lakes, and mountains of North Central Washington. Bordered by the towering Cascade Mountains on the west and sagebrush covered hills on the east, vineyards and their attendant wineries are rapidly appearing throughout the area. The winemakers of this area have banded together in the belief that the influence of the Cascade Mountains and the broad rivers and lakes makes the region unique amongst Washington State’s winegrowing areas. In recognition of this they are calling the area the Columbia Cascade region.
There are many wineries producing top quality wine in the Columbia Cascade valleys. Several more are slated to open in the near future and many others are in the development stage. The varieties being grown and bottled include familiar varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, as well as less well-known varieties such as Roussanne. The wines range from the driest of the dry to sweet complex late harvest and ice wines.
The Columbia Cascade area includes Grant County north of Interstate 90, Douglas, Chelan, and Okanogan Counties. There is a wide range of climates and soils throughout the area. The common influence throughout the region is the Cascade Mountains. The mountains maintain dormancy during the winter thanks to cold air descending from high altitudes. At the same time many sites are frost free from April 1 through October 31, ample time to ripen even the most demanding grape varieties.
Touring the beautiful valleys of the Columbia Cascade area provides constant variation in scenery. Water is constant throughout, with rivers and lakes everywhere. From lush forests in the west to sagebrush in the south to mixed sagebrush and pine in the north, the eye is always rewarded with beauty. Recreational opportunities abound; water skiing, snow skiing, snowmobile riding, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, nationally recognized golf courses, or just plain relaxing. Lodging in Chelan, Leavenworth, Soap Lake, Wenatchee, and Winthrop can range from budget to luxury, from quaint to stunning views of great beauty.
Limousine Wine Tours
Le Tours’ (Leavenworth’s Enchanted Tours, LLC) and Leavenworth Adventures & Tours
Phone Toll Free 1-877-868-7720
Leavenworth, WA 98826
Le Tours’ offers a number of different winery tours around Leavenworth. See the sample below or visit their website for more great ideas.
Winery Tour Description – Enjoy a (3 hour) tour of 3 or 4 of the best wineries Leavenworth has to offer. This is a routine tour that departs out of downtown Leavenworth every weekend.
Days Available – Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Departure Time – Friday @ 3pm / Saturday @ 11am and 3pm and Sunday @ 12:30 pm.
Cost – $55.00 per person plus tax. Individual wineries may also charge $3 to $5 per person for tastings.
*Upon request this tour is available for groups of 6 or more Monday – Sunday except for major holidays. The tour times can be extended for group tours.
For guests of the Icicle Village Resort special pickups can be arranged at the entrance to the Icicle Inn.
Downtown Leavenworth Wine, Chocolate and ski
February 14th – 17th 2013 – 12:00 – 5:00 PM
Contact: Leavenworth Tasting Rooms
Location: Downtown Leavenworth
Phone: 509-548-5807 or 433-1054
Tasting price varies at each location.
- Baroness Cellars will be featuring Red Meritage Blend and Merlot
- Bergdorf Cellars will be featuring 2003 Syrah and 2006 Lemberger
- Bella Terrazza
- Cascadia Winery 509-548-7900 a family owned and operated winery, will celebrate Red Wine and Chocolate on Fri, Sat. & Sun., Feb. 10th-12th only from 11:00-5:00pm.
- d’Vinery Tasting Room 509-548-7668 Featuring Eagle Creek Winery will be sampling 09 Cabernet Sauvignon, 09 Cabernet Franc and 2010 Gewurztraminer along with chocolate from Schocolat. There will be a $3 pp tasting fee which will be waived when you purchase a bottle of wine.
- Icicle Ridge Winery
- 509-548-7019 Red wine lovers this weekend is for you! Experience Icicle Ridge’s finest wines paired with Schocolat, Leavenworth’s premier chocolatier. Join us Sat. 2/12 & Sun 2/13 from 11-5pm. $5 per person.
- Kestrel Vintners 509-548-7348
- Featuring Flight of wine with Schocolate’s chocolate. Flight of 3 wines: 08 Cabernet Sauvignon paired with Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate, 07 Malbec paired with Bittersweet chocolate, 7th edition of Pure Platinum paired with Sunshine Coast chocolate. The price is $15.
- La Toscana Winery 509-548-5448 will offer all their wines for this event along with chocolates.
- Monaco’s Corner Store 509-548-7216 Will be featuring select wines from local wineries along with some chocolates.
- Okanogan Estate& Vineyards 509-548-9883
- will be serving free samples of our Bellagio Sipping Chocolates along with our wines. Bellagio is a very smooth, rich, easy warm chocolate that can be served in many different ways. It is non-alcoholic so even our under 21 fans can enjoy samples.
- Pasek Cellars 509-548-5166
- Enjoy decadent baked goods from Homefire’s Bakery paired with a selection of delicious red wines from Willow Crest Winery out of Prosser, WA and delightful assortment of dessert wines from Pasek Cellars out of Mt. Vernon, WA. Willow Crest 2009 Syrah, 2009 Cab Franc and Cab Sauv Ruby Port. Pasek Cellars 2009 Tulip Red, Blackberry and Raspberry Port Style Dessert.
- Ryan Patrick Vineyards 509-888-2236
- Featuring Reserve Cabernet & Reserve Chardonnay and Chocolate.
- Silvara Vineyards 509-548-1000 Leavenworth’s newest wine destination, offers it’s red wines with chocolate hearts: delicious dark chocolate bites with a hint of spice designed to complement the wines. You’ll find a fire in the fireplace and friendly people. The wines alone are worth coming for, but the location is special, too. You’ll be glad you stopped by Friday, Sat. & Sun., Feb.11.12 & 13: 11am -5pm.
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort at Kingfisher Restaurant and Wine Bar, adjacent to the Icicle River Trail, will be featuring Theo’s Dark Chocolate Pot served with Organic Banana Compote paired with Magpies’ Nest Red. $5 per person. Dinner reservations available. Open at 5pm daily.
- Stemilt Creek Winery509-888-5357, will be pouring the 2006 Stemilt Hill Red, 2006 Cab Sauv and the 2007 Days Work. We will have chocolates to accompany these great wines.
- Swakane Winery 509-662-1928 will be pairing our 2008 Cab with Swakane Truffles and our Wild Blackberry Dessert Wine with Cheesecake. And after you wine taste why not treat your sweety to lunch and a glass of wine in our Bistro.
Back to Top
Leavenworth Wine Walk
June 1, 2013
Contact: Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce
Location: Downtown Leavenworth
Phone: 509-548-5807, 509-433-1054
The Leavenworth Wine Walk is a fundraising event for the Cascade Foothills Farmland Association to promote Agricultural Tourism in North Central Washington
- Cost is $40 per person or $75 per couple which includes a souvenir wine glass, tasting of up to 60 different wines, Wine Walk Passport for prizes and discount coupons. Live music at the Gazebo and Unique Leavenworth Shopping included.
- Hours: noon to 6pm. Tickets available at the Leavenworth Visitor Center, 940 Hwy 2, on-line at www.visitwashingtonfarms.com and the Gazebo the day of the event. Phone 509-548-5807 or 509-433-1054 or go to websites www.Leavenworth.org and www.visitwashingtonfarms.com for further information.
- Participating Wineries: Baroness Cellars, Bella Terrazza Vineyards, Bergdorf Cellars, Cascadia Winery ,Chateau Faire le Pont, Crayelle Winery,Eagle Creek Winery, Jones of Washington, Horan Estates Winery, Icicle Ridge Winery, Kestrel Vintners, Okanogan Estates & Vineyards, Pasek Cellars, Ryan Patrick Vineyards, St. Laurent Winery, Silvara Vineyards, Snowgrass, Snowdrift Hard Cider, Stemilt Creek Winery, Swakane Winery, Willow Crest Winery.
- Stroll through Leavenworth, enjoy entertainment at the Gazebo. Sample wines from 20 different premier Northwest wineries.
- Price includes: Souvenir wine glass, information & Wine Walk Passport for prizes and discount coupons.
AUGUST 17, 2013 – LEAVENWORTH WINE TASTING FESTIVAL
Contact: Hank Manriquez
Phone: 509-433-1054 or 509-548-5807
Location: Smallwood’s Harvest, 10461 Stemm Road, Peshastin, Smallwood’s Harvest
Join us for the 12th Annual Leavenworth Wine Tasting Festival
- Pick up your FREE Wine Bag at the welcome booth!
* Enjoy wines from Local and Regional Wineries
* Gourmet food
* and much more.
- Located at Smallwood’s harvest 2miles east of Leavenworth, Washington on highway 2. this yearly event draws people from all over to sample Washington Wines in a unique mountain environment. Enjoy entertainment while sampling wines from local and regional wineries.
- Cost is $40 pp or $75 per couple. Tickets can be purchased at the event, Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce and online at www.visitwashingtonfarms.com. Military personnel can show their ID and get 10 extra tokens for wine tastes.
* Includes commemorative wine glass
* 12 tokens for wine tasting
* entertainment and more
* Wine & Cider Sales throughout event
- Hours: noon to 6pm, Free parking available.
- Free shuttle service from downtown Leavenworth starting at 11:30am till 6:30pm. Bottles of wine can be purchased to take home or drink while listening to the live music.
- Proceeds go to the Cascade Foothills Farmland Assn., a non-profit organization representing and promoting Ag-Tourism in North Central Washington.
- Music will start at 12 noon with the Glenn Isaacson group.
- Baroness Cellars, Bergdorf Cellars, Bella Terrazza Vineyards, Crayelle Winery, Cashmere Cider Mill, Chateau Faire Le Pont Winery, Horan Estates Winery, It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere Distillery, Jones of Wshington Winery, Kestrel Vintners, Lake Crest Winery, La Toscana Winery, Marchetti Winery, Magpie Winery, Okanogan Estates, Pasek Cellars, Silvara Vineyards, Snowdrift Hard Cider, Snowgrass Winery, St. Laurent Winery, Stemilt Creek Winery, Swakane Winery, Waterville winery, Willow Crest Winery.
- Add a 3 hour Limousine Wine Tour of 3 or 4 of the best wineries Leavenworth has to offer by calling Le Tours’ at 877-868-7720.
Chelan Wine Festival Events
Lake Chelan Wine Growers Association
Visit their website for additional details.
- Red Wine & Chocolate - February – 2nd & 3rd Weekends in February – One of our favorite events in the wine valley and it’s so romantic! We’ll be pairing all kinds of delightful chocolates and treats with red wines during these two weekends. More details here.
- Chelan Nouveau - April – 3rd & 4th Weekends in April – Traditionally this weekend is a celebration of new whites and rose’. It’s your first opportunity to taste new releases and enjoy spring in the valley. More details here.
- Spring Barrel Tasting - May – 3rd Weekend in May – We roll open our cellars doors twice and year and this is your chance to taste wines straight from the barrel, really special! More details here.
- Crush - October – 1st & 2nd Weekends in October – A chance to see inside the winemaking process during our most exciting time of the year. “Crush” is really an open house at our wineries, offering the opportunity to really get a taste of what harvest is about. We invite you to come out and take a tour through our cellars, stomp grapes, listen to music, watch harvest take place, taste juice from the press, and learn what it is really like to make wine. Each winery has their own experience, so make sure to visit individual winery sites to get the full list of what is going on.
- Fall Barrel Tasting - November – Friday, Saturday, & Sunday following Thanksgiving
What a way to spend the remainder of Thanksgiving weekend. Join us as we guide you back into the cellar for barrel samples and other special treats.
Red Wine & Chocolate - Always the 2nd & 3rd weekends in February
- Chelan Nouveau - Always the 3rd and 4th weekends in April
- Spring Barrel Tasting - Always the 3rd weekend in May
- Crush - Always the 1st and 2nd weekends in October
- Fall Barrel Tasting - Always the weekend following Thanksgiving
2013 Schedule of Winery Events in the Leavenworth Area
- March 29, 2013 – Winemakers Dinner at JJ Hills Fresh Grill with Boudreaux Cellars
- April TBD – Ohme Wine & Food Gala - Enjoy wine from 14 Wenatchee-area vintners, paired with gourmet food. This evening is held at Ohme Gardens from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person before July 1; $60 after July 1. Ticket information at www.wenatcheewines.com.
- April 19, 2013 – Winemakers Dinner at JJ Hills Fresh Grill Icicle Ridge Winery
- Saturday June 27, 2013 – The Great Leavenworth Wine and Food Festival – Columbia Cascade Winery Association and Icicle Creek Music Center – Festhalle, Leavenworth, WA. 509-782-0708
- August 17, 2013 – Leavenworth Annual Wine Tasting Festival - Contact: Hank Manriquez
The 12th Annual Leavenworth Wine Tasting Festival will be held at Smallwood’s harvest. Located on hwy 2 just 2 miles east of Leavenworth, wa.
- Also see Icicle Ridge Winery events and White Heron events below.
- February 14, 2013 – Downtown Leavenworth Wine, Chocolate and Ski -2/14/2013 – 2/17/2013 – Contact: Leavenworth Tasting Rooms – Join the tasting rooms of Downtown Leavenworth for Wine and Chocolate & Ski, Valentines Day Weekend Feb.14-17th.2013
- June 1, 2013 Leavenworth Wine Walk - Contact: Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce – Enjoy tasting local wines while strolling through shops, galleries, and restaurants of beautiful Downtown Leavenworth – Your Bavarian Getaway.
Back to Top
Icicle Ridge Winery Events for 2013
- January – Winter Walk Through the Vineyards Join the IRW family for a magical evening at the log home. Journey into a breathtaking winter wonderland with a guided snowshoe trek (weather permitting) through our vineyards and orchards with Winemaker Don Wood. Along the way we will stop and sip Gluhwein, hot spiced wine, prepared to keep us going for a little while longer while we journey back down to the log home where a roaring fire and warm dinner awaits. – $65 per person includes: guided tour, snowshoes, spiced wine, fireside dinner and wine flight. – 6:30pm | limited to 20 guests | *1/5 & 1/26
- February 16 Wine Club Pick-Up 12-5pm
- February 16 Sweetheart Case Buying Dinner – Celebrate your sweetheart with this 5-course dinner paired with IRW wines. – 6:30pm | limited to 30 guests | $75 pp + 1 case of wine per couple at 25% discount
- March 16 Blending Party – Be 1 of 20 people to create our 2011 Romanze Blend. Become a wine maker for the day with this hands on blending event! Sip, swirl and assist IRW Winemaker Don Wood with selecting the perfect combination of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Lemberger for our flagship red. What is wine without food to pair it with? After creating your Romanze Blend enjoy a culinary creation by the fire. 5:00pm | limited to 20 guests | $100 per person
- June – Wine Hike – Combine your love of wine and hiking for a true outdoor adventure. Join us for a walking tour of the hillside trails surrounding the log home winery. Our leisure hike will lead us to a vineyard lunch and wine tasting experience you won’t soon forget. Sip, savor and discover the breathtaking beauty and wonder of our valley views and wines.
- July and August – Friday Nights on the Lawn – Enjoy live music, wine, wine flights and gourmet cheese and meats on the lawn! 6-9pm
Summer Schedule 2013 (as of January 7)
- Saturday & Sunday, February 16 & 17, 2013, 11 AM to 6 PM, Red Wine & Chocolate, as we’ve done for several years we’ll make the pilgrimage to Leavenworth and bring back chocolate from Schocalat to pair with our red wines.
- Saturday, July 13, 2013, 6 PM, Paella Night, Aimilee will return with her paella and the Muddy Sons, http://www.muddysons.com/, have also agreed to come back with their full throttle blues.
- Saturday, August 24, 2013, Tomatofare returns along with Chef Spencer from the Sun Dial Bistro.
- Friday, September 13, 2013, 6 PM, in concert with Farmer Consumer Awareness Day,
White Heron Cellars
10035 Stuhlmiller Rd
Quincy, WA 98848
“The experts said wine grapes won’t grow in the Wenatchee Valley. Warren Moyles was just stubborn enough to try proving them wrong. When he did, beleaguered apple farmers got an alternative crop”
Articles on Washington Wines in the Columbia Cascade Area
Coming in 2014 (please check back for more up to date details)
Columbia Cascade Winery Association and Icicle Creek Music Center, Leavenworth, WA
When: Summer 2014
Sponsored by: Columbia Cascade Winery Association, Icicle Creek Music Center, Viking, Leavenworth Winemakers and chefs, Debbie Douglas Designs
“The Main Event”
- 11am – 5pm FestHalle – Downtown Leavenworth
- Taste great wine and food bites, and attend guest chef demonstrations
- The Main Event, $35 online or $40 at the door, includes: souvenir wine glass, great wines to taste from 20 – plus wineries, great food to taste from 10 plus local restaurants, cooking demonstrations, win bottles of local wines. Meet winemakers and chefs.
- The Dessert Finale, $20 on line or $25 at the door, includes: souvenir wine glass great wines and decadent desserts.
- Combined ticket, (both events) $50 on line or $65 at the door.
- Guest celebrity Chefs presenting cooking demonstrations – TBA
- 1:00pm – Chef Tim Putnum – Smokeblossom Restaurant
- 2:00pm – Chef DJ Macintyre – Seastar Restaruant and Raw Bar
- 3:00pm – Chef Brandon LaVille – Archery Bistro
Some of Wineries:
- Bella Terazza Vineyards, Baroness Cellars, Chateau Faire Le Pont, Copper Mountain Vineyards, Dutch John Private Reserve, Eagle Creek Winery, Esther Bricques Winery, Horan Estates Winery, Icicle Ridge Winery, Lake Crest Winery, Napeequa Vintners, Okanogan Estates, Stemilt Creek Winery, Swakane Winery, Tsillan Cellars Winery, Vin du Lac, Wapato Point Cellars, Waterville Winery, Plus Its 5 Oclock Somewhere Distillery.
- During the Wine Festival we also invite you to enjoy the Leavenworth International Dance Festival at the Gazebo downtown.