Employment Opportunities at Icicle Village Resort
We want you! To work with us on our fast paced, fun hospitality team! Icicle Village Resort is looking for candidates who have experience working with the general public and have a heart for hospitality. Icicle Village Resort is the premier Resort in Leavenworth, WA with 165 hotel rooms and condominiums, JJ Hills Fresh Grill, Icicle Junction Activity Center with an 18 hole miniature golf course, arcade and café. With the addition of Alpine Spa (opened in May 2014) we have rounded out the Resort experience in Leavenworth.
Employment opportunities are available for friendly, guest service oriented team players. We are looking for hard-working, enthusiastic employees who are dedicated to helping us deliver excellent customer service to our guests.
Full-time employees at the Resort are offered a medical, dental, and vision plan, a retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program and various discounted services at the Resort.
Our Core Values
All decisions we make are guided by our core values:
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This applies to our guests, fellow employees, owners, and the community in which we do business.
- Being different, in a positive (fine) manner, is what allows us to offer a memorable guest experience and market ourselves in a distinctive way.
- Strong team members are what make us succeed.
- Always strive to make things better today than they were yesterday.
How to Apply
Please apply in person at the Icicle Village Resort or send your application to:
Icicle Village Resort
505 Highway 2
Leavenworth, WA 98826
You may also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download Application in Adobe PDF format
Current Jobs Available at the Icicle Village Resort:
Entry Level Maintenance
• Maintain a safe and attractive environment for guests and associates
• Complete building repairs such as replacing filters and light bulbs, repairing toilets and sinks
• Maintain cleanliness of building exterior, grounds, pool and exercise room
• Perform grounds upkeep (mowing, trimming, snow removal)
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as well as to push, pull, bend, stoop, and reach upward
• Ability to communicate effectively with all departments
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Group Sales Manager, based in the Puget Sound area
Pacific Northwest Sales Manager
Home based in the Seattle area, the perfect candidate comes with hotel sales experience and contacts in the field. As an independent worker the PNW Sales Manager is responsible to direct all sales efforts in the I-5 corridor from Portland, OR to Vancouver, BC with reasonable travel to tradeshows and regional sales calls as necessary. The focus will be on corporate retreats, corporate education/conferences, and board meetings as well as team building and leisure groups that will utilize all areas of the Resort including Alpine Spa, JJ Hills Fresh Grill & Icicle Junction Activity Center. This will be achieved through effectively planning in person sales calls and creating personal relationships with corporate meeting planners, asking for referrals and finding new business for the Resort. The sales manager will be expected to participate in industry meetings (MPI, HSMAI, WSAE, PCMA, etc.) as deemed effective. This person will interact daily, weekly, monthly with on property DOSM, GM and other sales team members. A weekly activity report will be submitted outlining all appointments, interaction and calls made that week. This position will be home based in the Seattle area. A monthly or bi-monthly trip to the Resort will be planned around each Department meeting on the 3rd Thursday of each month.
Focus is on turning new business definite that will impact total Resort revenue by some of the following efforts:
o Daily account maintenance (monitor client birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, follow up)
o Coordinate communication with the Resort regarding site visits, daily arrivals, VIP’s, etc.
o Consistently log & maintain account activity for a minimum of 75 activities per week
o Participate in promoting marketing tools to end user/meeting planners to close business
o Work closely with on property coordinator for conference services (rooming list, BEO & Resume creation & distribution and event actualization as well as billing and sending thank you notes with a comment card to each)
o Input each group contract into Opera
o Participate in social media campaigns
o Create a target account list
o Entertain and call on new/potential accounts on a regular basis
o Attend industry tradeshows as needed
o Become the face of Icicle Village Resort to clients, the expert they call when they are in need of anything from basic meeting info to booking their holiday party
Salary: To be determined based on experience and potential client contacts in the Seattle area
Benefits: Health insurance offered after successfully completing 60 days of employment
Bonus: Based on achievement of quarterly booking goals
Please submit resume & application to Danielle Ringler McKee, DOSM at email@example.com. Please download an application to submit along with your resume
Core Competencies: Job Specific Competencies:
Self-motivated Account Management
Established client base Sales Organization
Good communication skills Sales Team Support
Team player Customer Focused
Full time Housekeeping position
The Icicle Village Resort in Leavenworth currently seeks additional housekeeping staff to help provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere for our guests.
• Refresh guest rooms with fresh linens
• Clean guest bathrooms, restock towels and empty trash containers
• Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout
• Organize and restock cart at end of shift
• Respond to guest queries and requests
• Report damage or safety hazards to supervisor
• Ensure confidentiality and security of hotel room or condominium
• Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with guests and coworkers
• This position requires good physical health, including the ability to extend arms over head and bend to perform cleaning tasks
• Ability to push or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. and lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
• Punctuality and reliable attendance are required
Food Prep/Link Cook
• Prepare and plate food items
• Daily food prep work as directed
• Daily cleaning and restocking of kitchen and work stations
• Help maintain the kitchen's inventory and ordering
• Help wash and put away dishes; perform other tasks as they arise
• Ability to accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products,
• Able to prepare and portion food products prior to cooking
• Cooks must be quick, remember multiple orders and any special requests, have good communication skills and be able to multitask
• Cooks must possess a food Washington State Food Workers Card to show they understand and can follow the health codes pertaining to safety and sanitation of the work area and cooking utensils
• Set up and break down each morning's breakfast buffet
• Light to moderate food preparation including scrambling eggs, preparing potatoes & sausage, making gravy and other items
• Ensure food items such fruits, breads, cereals and bakery items remain well stocked
• Maintain the safety and appearance of the buffet area; clean the area in preparation for the next day
• Clearing dirty plates from tables, relaying customer needs to the kitchen and providing or refilling drinks. Washing dishes, glassware, pots, pans, silverware, and kitchen items
This is a fast-paced and busy environment and we need someone who is friendly, has a positive attitude and a desire to provide exceptional guest service and uncompromising food quality. Candidate must also be available to work weekends and holidays. Food ordering knowledge is a plus. Hours from 5 am - 12 pm.