Leavenworth Oktoberfest Celebration
Whatever you do, don’t miss our Keg Tapping Ceremony at 1:00 pm every Saturday when Leavenworth’s Mayor will honor a Bavarian Tradition of “tapping the keg”. Then plan on hanging around and checking out music from our own Musikkapelle Leavenworth who will be joined by other musical groups from the US and Germany.
- Oktoberfest hours are Fridays 6pm -2am and Saturdays Noon-2am
- Non-stop live entertainment including bands direct from Germany
- Authentic German Food and Beer
- Saturdays Noon- Bavarian Parade followed by the Keg tapping ceremony at 1pm.
- Leavenworth Oktoberfest is great fun for the youngsters as well. In downtown is Kinderplatz, this is an area dedicated for the kids to play until their hearts are content. You’ll find a rock climbing wall, bouncing toys, clowns and more.
- Minors are allowed inside the gates until 9pm.
- Arts and Crafts Vendors
- The Leavenworth Oktoberfest is a non-profit organization operating under Projekt Bayern for more information on Project Bayern log on to www.projektbayern.com
A Little History of Oktoberfest in Leavenworth
The first Leavenworth Oktoberfest was held in October 1998; it consisted of one venue and was attended by about 400 people. The festival continued to grow each year and in 2003, a second weekend was added and two bands were brought in from Germany in addition to many performers from the US. By 2005 attendance had grown to 10,000 and the Leavenworth festival was ranked as one of the top Oktoberfest celebrations in the Country. What started as a single weekend has now grown to 3 full weekends with 4 Venues and attendance of around 30,000+ people.
For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, please honor the following requests during your visit…
- Please do not bring your own food or beverages into the Oktoberfest location.
- Please do not take any beverages from the area.
- Please leave your ice chests, backpacks, or very large bags in your car and be prepared to allow security to search large bags.
- Dancing on the tables or benches will be strictly prohibited. This is for your safety and for the others who are trying to enjoy the festivities.
- Security personnel will be patrolling the grounds at all times.
Information about the Leavenworth Oktoberfest Celebration is courtesy Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce and Projekt Bayern