Leavenworth Eco-Friendly Hotel
Icicle Village Resort loves the community and is committed to keeping it beautiful for years to come. We have proudly earned an Energy Edge Award signifying excellence in energy efficient design through the use of reliable and efficient technologies from the Chelan County Public Utility District and Bonneville Power Administration. The building has achieved energy efficient levels 30 percent beyond those required by code.
With a commitment to the future of our environment, the resort has decided to use recycled paper for most commercially printed materials whenever possible. As an added benefit, the paper we’ve chosen is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) who is a non-profit organization devoted to encouraging the responsible management of the world’s forests. FSC sets high standards that ensure forestry is practiced in an environmentally responsible, socially beneficial, and economically viable way. FSC-US, based in Washington, DC, is the U.S. “chapter” of FSC International, based in Bonn Germany.
You will also find incandescent and compact fluorescent lamps have all been replaced with LED throughout the resort, and you’ll find glass coffee cups and tumblers in your room, helping to reduce plastic waste. Guest room toilets are low flow and recently the guest room sink aerators have been changed to reduce water waste.
While at the resort you’ll find several environmental practices:
- For large conferences and gatherings you’ll find recycling containers in the ballrooms.
- In your accommodations, please consider our guest laundry green program and re-use your towels multiple days.
- Icicle Village Resort recently implemented a multi-use bath amenity program that helps us cut down on waste; all bathrooms are now equipped with Pharmacopia shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel dispensers. You will still enjoy a small bar soap and lotion to take home from your stay.
- JJ Hills Fresh Grill & our Connections Café both use compostable to-go boxes and to-go paper coffee cups.
- Drive an electric car? We provide two Electric Vehicle Charging Stations located at the sales and administration building. They are available complimentary for any visitors to Leavenworth.